Once you begin your tour with us, you are deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions outlined in this policy document.
It is the responsibility of you, the customer, to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of your booking confirmation email.
This page lays out our terms and conditions under which you use our website and our tours.
In order to purchase a ticket online, you must hold a valid debit or credit card. To pay the full amount or balance of a booking in cash when you arrive you can arrange that with us via email.
You should confirm that the information you supply to our website is accurate and complete and relates specifically to you, the customer. If any of your personal details change, you should advise us of the changes by email or by phone.
You must agree not to use or copy anyone else’s identity, or a name which you are not authorised to use. By using our site, you will agree to be bound by the terms.
We may change the terms and conditions from time to time, at our discretion. Using the website after changes have been made will mean that you have agreed to accept the new changes.
GENERAL USAGE POLICY
Insurance & Liability
There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of your ticket.
We unfortunately can't take any responsibility for any injuries or loss to you incurred whilst you are taking part in our tours or treks. Liability in respect of the use of props (blunt swords etc) is restricted to photo activities and will not involve any re-enactment scenes. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel.
We accept no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings at any time during your tour.
Postponement, Cancellation and Refunds Policy
1) Postponement or cancellation of your booking is done via email to DAYTOURSBELFAST@GMAIL.COM labelled 'Postponement' or 'Cancellation'
2) You are entitled to a full refund if you give us notification, via email, of your wish to cancel your tickets up to 48 hours before your tour begins.
3) Cancellation with a full refund is only possible up to 48 hours before the confirmed pickup time of your tour. After this point, in accepting this policy document, you accept that you are not entitled to a refund under any circumstances whatsoever.
4) You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability) if you notified us via email or phone up to 48 hours before the start of the tour. Postponement to specific dates is, of course, subject to the availability of places on your preferred date.
5) If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
6) If you are late or fail to meet our car at the pickup time or if you miss our pickup entirely because you are a no-show, you will be fully charged for the tickets that you purchased, as you have not given us at least 48 hours notice of your cancellation.
Changes by us and 'Force Majeure'
1) We reserve the discretionary right to change our standard itineraries at any time. As professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable value.
2) We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of Belfast Day Tours. This includes exceptionally dangerous weather conditions, outbreaks of contagious diseases, revolution, national or local strikes, political protests, social disorder or disruptive political unrest.
3) We are constantly striving to make our tours even more brilliant than they already are. Should new locations or other attractions become open to us, and if we feel that these attractions will enhance your experience in keeping with the theme, then we reserve the right to include these in your best interests.
4) We reserve the right to decrease the price of our tours at any time.
5) We reserve the right to print and distribute amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
1) Whilst travelling with us, you must obey the laws of the Republic of Ireland, the UK and the EU. Furthermore, we would ask you to show respect to the different traditions that exist in Northern Ireland, and also foreign exchange restrictions. If you do not, or will not do so, you may be asked to surrender your ticket, which may be cancelled without any refund.
2) Your driver / guide may need to make a spontaneous decision in the interests of your safety. It is a condition of booking that you comply with the authority and decisions of our tourist guide in all matters of customer safety. If you do not comply with the requests of our drive / guide, or if your behaviour is not compatible with the general enjoyment, well being and safety of your fellow passengers and our driver, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case, we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. Conversely, we cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour, nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
Your Obligations and Responsibilities
1) It is your responsibility to inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
2) It is your responsibility to inform us of any specific dietary requirements or allergy you may have.
2) It is your responsibility to have all the necessary visas, passports, permits, certificates and changed currency required for your itinerary. Remember, the currency of the Republic of Ireland is the EUR (euro), whereas the currency of Northern Ireland is GBP (pound sterling). However, if you have a payment card (VISA, Mastercard, etc) you can use this to pay for lunch, without need of cash.
3) During your tour, your tourist guide, with your consent, may take photographs and films of you (as part of the group) and these may be posted on our website, social media and/or brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking by emailing us DAYTOURSBELFAST@GMAIL.COM
Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation itinerary or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part and we do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
In the highly unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against Belfast Day Tours, please inform our driver that you intend to make a formal complaint. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, or during your trip, despite our best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to BDT's at DAYTOURSBELFAST@GMAIL.COM as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday, but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. We wont consider any complaints after the elapsing of this 30-day notice period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
Weather Conditions - Force Majeure
Under no circumstances do we accept responsibility for weather conditions. If you wish to postpone or cancel your tour due to the weather forecast, you must give us at least 48 hours notice. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the delivery and implementation of our itinerary.
No Smoking Policy
We do not permit smoking in any of our cars. We will make stops if requested or appropriate.
1) We have taken all reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on this website, however it does not make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information within or accessible through the site. BDT's reserves the right at any time to revise, amend, alter or delete the information provided on this website.
2) These terms and conditions contain the entire contract between you and Belfast Day Tours . No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorized officer of Belfast Day Tours.
3) This contract, and all matters arising out of it, is governed by the laws of the UK and Ireland. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter, which arises out of, or in connection with, this contract, or your tour, will, if need be, be dealt with by the courts of the UK or Ireland. Changes to these booking conditions will only be valid if agreed by Belfast Day Tours in writing.
4) Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however we cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
Belfast Day Tours value your opinions. If you have comments, suggestions, questions about our terms and conditions or simply want to leave us private feedback, please email us at DAYTOURSBELFAST@GMAIL.COM
WEBSITE USAGE AND TICKET POLICY
Booking a tour
By placing your order you have agreed to pay the price as stated, you will then receive a confirmation email from us stating your order has been received and confirmed. This email is your ticket. Please print it off and bring it along on the day or admission may be refused.
We may not accept your order if:
We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
We reserve the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any time, at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions please contact us at any time.
All credit/debit card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment, we will either cancel your order or seek payment by an alternative method. If this should result in a delay in booking your tour, we cannot be held responsible.
Payment methods include: Visa, MasterCard, Izettle. We do not hold your debit/credit card details on the website or our customer database. Payment processing is carried out by Izettle for peace of mind and security. We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is within our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website.
Returns, Refunds and Cancelations
All ticket sales are final. All ticket sales are however fully transferable to another name at no cost. A full refund may be obtained at the sole discretion of the company and on a case by case basis. If a refund is to be considered, it must be at least 48 hours in advance
Passing of Property and Risk
We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Website. Please note that you may not copy any portion of the website without prior written consent which may be withheld in our absolute discretion.
You are granted a limited revocable and non-exclusive right to create a link to the Website for personal, non-commercial use only. We may at our discretion request that you remove any link to the website, and upon receiving such request you shall immediately remove such a link.
Any unauthorised use by you of the Website terminates the limited licence set forth in this section without prejudice to any other remedy we may have provided by the law.
Links to Third Parties
We are not responsible for the content of any offsite websites linked to or from our Website. Links appearing on our website are for convenience and not an endorsement by us. We are not responsible for any website links to or from our Website, and offer no warranties for the content, products or services offered by these linked websites.
Any purchase or refund made on this website will be subject to UK Law and you shall agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.
Privacy & Security
Any personal information provided to Belfast Day Tours via our registration process will not be provided to third parties or used in ways not in keeping with the delivery of information related to Belfast Day Tours or general functions of the website.
They enable us:
To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests; and
to speed up your use of our site and searches.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You are always free to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your use of our Website. For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org. We also participate in the Google Adsense programme and we allow Google and other third parties that participate in Google Adsense to use a type of cookie called the “DoubleClick DART” cookie also on our Website.
The DoubleClick DART cookie consists of the name of the domain that set the cookie (“ad.doubleclick.net”), the lifetime of the cookie, and a “value.” DoubleClick’s DART technology used by Google generates a unique series of characters for the “value” portion of the cookie.